Spotlight On: Rimmel

8 Apr 2014


Back in February I started a little series where I put the spotlight on a particular brand. Its now April, and this is my second installment - oops! Lot's of other posts got in the way, but it's back now with the spotlight placed firmly on Rimmel. When I was deciding which three Rimmel products were my favourite I was surprised to realise that I didn't have a signal eyeshadow, blush or bronzer from the brand! Apparently, I favour their base and lip products, as can be seen above!

My first favourite is one that I've repurchased time and time again; the Stay Matte Powder in Translucent.


It keeps my makeup in check all day, literally and keeps me looking shine free! I do always fear looking shiny, so I love using this across my T-Zone to make sure everything stays in check. Its a really lightweight powder and doesn't give you a cakey look at all. It's definitely been a permanent fixture in my make-up bag for a longggg time now and I can't see it leaving anytime soon either!


The Wake Me Up Concealer in True Ivory has also been a firm favourite of mine for quite a while now. I'm pretty sure I'm on my third or fourth tube of the stuff now, and I won't be stopping any time soon! I find it so easy to apply, its really creamy and blends out really well. Its really high coverage and stays in place for a good 8 hours or more!


Finally, a lipstick! More specifically the Moisture Renew lipstick in In Love With Ginger. As the name would suggest this lipstick is packed full of moisture ensuring dry patchy lips are not an issue! The lipstick glides on really well and sits super comfortably on the lips. The shade is a really lovely orangey-red, perfect for Spring/Summer in my eyes and it'll look even better with a tan! It lasts for a good few hours, and leaves a nice stain on the lips.

So that's my top three Rimmel picks! What're your favourite Rimmel products?

Aimée
Xxxx

4 comments :

  1. I really want to try the concealer, but I'm so scared in case it leaves me orange or flaky as I have very dry skin! Might just bite the bullet and try it this week!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it work for you?? I have my fingers crossed!! :) Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh yes Rimmelllllllllllllll <3
    I loveeee In Love With Ginger and can't wait to wear it again this Spring, and obvs the Stay Matte Powder, which I may just die without haha...

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss its such a lovely colour for spring! :) Haha, me too! I don't use anything else! Xxx

      Delete