Review: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Apocoliptic

26 Nov 2013


The Rimmel Apocalips have been around for quite a while now, and although I have had two in my lip collection I've always struggled to wear them. The formula is like a lip gloss on application but dries matte giving it a lipstick-style finish. They are so so pigmented, which is part of the reason I struggled to wear it initially. Its definitely an 'out there' shade and one that I'd only wear on a night out.

Because of the formula the lacquer has seriously great staying power and sits really comfortably on the lips throughout the day. The shade is a beautiful bright magenta shade which is literally opaque with one swipe. The applicator has a small well in the tip which helps the product to collect making it so much easier to apply. Although, I do find that I prefer to blot it slightly so I don't have a crazy amount of product to spread. Though the texture of the lacquer is really creamy making it so easy to apply.

Although this is a pretty out there shade for me, I do think it looks great on a night out for a really statement lip. Rimmel really do have some great lip products out at the moment don't you thnink? I definitely want to try out Big Bang from the Apocalips collection! Have any of you tried it?

Aimée
Xxxx

10 comments :

  1. I have the shade Luna and absolutely love it. This is a gorgeous shade, definitely one I'd wear on a night out! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Luna as well actually! It doesn't really suit me though sadly! :( xx

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of the apocalips although I'm not keen on the more nude shades, it's all about a bright lip for me! I wore Big Bang for the first time for some Halloween makeup and noticed that it bleeds quite badly, but this is the only one that I've found to do that :)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I have Luna which is quite a peachy pink colour and it totally doesn't suit me. I really want to try Big Bang! Although I have heard that it bleeds too! :( Xxx

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhh this looks beautiful on you!! I love it - strong statement lip or not I think you pull it off so well :D
    I'm yet to try one of these but think I'd have to go for one of the redder ones...
    xx

    Holly Mixtures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you so much Holly!! :) Yes, Big Bang would look amazing on you!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. you have a beautiful blog :) new follower and reader ;)

    http://www.lifesahighway.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the shade "nude eclipse" i think it's the French shade for Luna and i love this ;) I love the shade apocoliptic :)
    xx
    http://neverwithoutmylipstick.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this colour! I feel very cool when I wear it! PS loving you dress, looks very cute!

    Kylie - lazy2lovley.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two of these too and find them difficult to wear, especially the paler shades
    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete