My Top 5 Autumn Lip Products.

5 Nov 2013


Back in July I blogged about my top 3 summer lip products (HERE) and now with Autumn around us and my growing lip collection I thought it was time for a seasonal update! This time I have 5 favourites in various formulas!


First up will come as no surprise! Its a blogging favourite - the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107. I have actually always found it a tricky shade to wear, as it seems a lot darker on me than other people. But, in saying that I do realllyy love it now! Its so vampy and literally perfect for autumn. The formulation is lovely too, really creamy and easy to apply. I'm definitely going to try and get more use out of it!

Second up is an old favourite of mine, the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose. Its quite a subtle colour on me which is easily build-able making it perfect for everyday wear. I wrote a full review on this balm back in February, which you can read here.

Thirdly is a recent October Favourite, my Topshop Lipstick in Rio Rio. Super matte and highly pigmented this shade is a real statement lip. Its quite an orangey toned red, which gives it a really flattering finish. It also lasts really well through the day, which is great in colder weather when regular coffee and tea fixes are needed to warm up!


Fourth is a lipstick that I recently re-found after ignoring it for too long! Bourjois Lipstick in Sweet Kiss 56 is a really lovely bright red. Its really moisturising on the skin and leaves a beautiful satin like finish on the lips. Its tricky to portray in the photos but the shape of the lipstick is slightly flatter making it surprisingly easy to apply too!

Finally, we have the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Apocoliptic taking up the rear. Like Kate Moss' 107 this is another product that I struggled to wear at first. I felt the colour was a little off on me, and wasn't sure on the texture. But after recent re-uses of it I've totally changed my opinion! The combination of a lip gloss applicator against a matte finish is really great! The lacquer also lasts hours on the lips too, always a winner in my eyes!


Do you ever find that after initially disliking a product you grow to love it?? Let me know! :) I hope you liked my Top 5 selection!

Aimée
Xxxx

12 comments :

  1. The Chubby stick and more particularly the Rimmel apocalips are so beautiful !!! :)
    xx
    http://neverwithoutmylipstick.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures love the shades by the way, apocolips and rio rio are gorgeous!!
    Come visit me
    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vampy red look of Rimmel, was so tempted to buy this but then I have so much of this shade already haha. Great pics! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm so guilty of buying the same shades over and over again!! Xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh your pictures are fab missy! I loveeee the look of Rio Rio, somehow such a Wintery lipstick with a Summery name (my middle name ahem) appeals to me...can't think why haha ;)?

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Holly! :)! Haha, you should totally get it for that reason!! ;) Xxx

      Delete
  5. oo I adore the Apocalips one the most!
    GORGEOUS <3

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of Sweet Kiss - looks so pretty! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete