Review: Benefit's High Beam

22 Oct 2013


Before I entered the blogging world I can hold my hand up and say that I'd never used a highlighter before. To be honest, I don't think I really understood the point of them! But now they're a staple in my make-up bag and I literally couldn't live without them.

Benefit's High Beam is my current love, the beautiful champagne-like colour perfectly brightens my face which is exactly what I need this Autumn. The idea of High Beam is to give you a healthy natural glow - I love dotting it over my cheekbones and under my brow bone to highlight.

The nail varnish style applicator confused me slightly at first, but actually I think it makes the product super easy to use. I swipe the brush on the back of my hand and then use my fingers to dot over my skin. I'm sure if you wanted to be fancy you could use a brush, but I think fingers do just as well.

Although the highlighter is shimmery it definitely doesn't leave you glowing in a glittery way - more of a lovely dewy flush. If you really wanted to amp up the glow, you could mix a tiny bit in with your foundation and use all over your face. But I'd be careful to not steer too far into disco ball territory!

Although Benefits products are on the slightly pricier side, I'd still say it was definitely worth the money. You only need to use a tiny amount of the product so its going to last me forever. :) Yay!

Aimée
Xxxx

1 comment :

  1. Ooh this looks so pretty on you!! I swear by highlighter but blogging has corrupted me also and I now smother it on like there's no tomorrow haha...

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete