April Favourites

7 May 2013


HOW IS IT MAY?! This year is going so super duper fast, and already I'm a little late on my April Favourites! I don't actually do a favourites post very often, but this month I've been really loving these products so I thought they deserved a whole post dedicated to them. Bet they feel special!


Recently I've really been trying to take good care of my skin, and the Elemis Exfoliating Face Wash coupled with my No.7 Hot Cloth Cleanser (reviewed in my last post HERE) have seriously been making a difference. My skin feels so much clearer now and much smoother! Definitely gonna repurchase both products - that is if my cleanser ever runs out, it seems to go on forever!

Both the foundation and mascara were purchases based on the recommendations of Essie Button and Tanya Burr and if you're reading this then I'm sure you know who they are already. I was on the lookout for a new foundation, and although it was a struggle to actually find the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in stock, I'm so glad I tracked it down! Its got such good coverage, stays put all day and blends really nicely. I really enjoy the healthy glow it gives my skin. I did actually buy the matching concealer as well, but I'm still a bit iffy on whether I actually like it. When it comes to the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara, I sooo wish I'd bought it sooner! I love it! My lashes look so volumised and I don't end up with black smudges under my eyes! Definitely one to repurchase :)


The Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eye Pen is a relatively recent addition to my make-up bag, but I am seriously loving it. It makes eyeliner so quick and easy and literally never smudges! Its my go-to eyeliner everyday and can create so many different effects. Definitely one for the handbag!

I reviewed the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow pots back in the beginning of April (see HERE) and I liked them then. But now, I bloody love them. They make getting ready in the morning, that bit quicker and simpler and yet you still look like you spent time blending out eyeshadows! My favourite is still On and On Bronze, but I am warming more and more to Pink Gold.

Finally, onto brushes. I've had both the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and the MAC 217 for a while but this month I've just been really enjoying using them. The Buffing brush seems to work particularly well with my Bourjois Foundation and just blends it so easily and smoothly. Likewise, my 217 brush makes blending so easy and gives such a nice effect. Both brushes area really soft and fluffy, and actually dry really well after washing!

What've your favourites been from April? :)

Aimée
Xxxx

1 comment :

  1. I loved your colour tattoo review and am STILLLLL to get one gahh!! Will have to soon...

    Also I loved The Falsies but I somehow did get the black smudges under my eyes which was the only negative, might have to get it again regardless :p

    hollyamberrio.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete