Review | Macadamia Healing Oil Spray

26 Mar 2013


Well hello there!! Its only been a week since I posted, but it feels like forever and a day. I've missed my little blog, but I've been so crazy busy. Baking a birthday cake last week (blog post to follow!), spending the weekend with the boyfriend and then work has been manic - is it really only Tuesday?! But, I'm back now - with loads of blog ideas so you'll hopefully see a few more posts from me soon.

I wanted to talk about the Macadamia Healing Oil Spray and for once I'm not actually raving about something. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a hate post - but I'm definitely not wowed.


My beloved Ojon oil (review HERE) is on its last legs, and before it ran out completely and I felt the urge to fork over another £30 I thought I'd try out a different hair oil to compare the two. I settled on the Macadamia Oil when I was making a TIGI purchase on Cheap Smells (great website!!) a while ago, I think it was in the sale and as it was only 60ml I thought I'd give it a try. The spray nozzle really intrigued me as it was so different to my Ojon oil.

There are a lot of things I really like about this product; the spray nozzle (as expected) is really handy and easy to use, the product smells really great and the small bottle size is perfect for travelling. My hair does also feel nourished and looks nicely shiny.

But, I find it leaves a greasy, sticky feeling to my hair. I generally use this when my hair has just been washed and is still wet, as this reduces the greasy feeling slightly, but it still leaves a strange residue. I'm not sure whether I'm just using too much of the product? Although I don't think I go crazy with the application, having a spray nozzle does make it easier to be overzealous I suppose.

At roughly £12 a 60ml bottle this isn't the cheapest of products, but compared with the Ojon oil which is £29 per 100ml its definitely an improvement. I can't say I'll be purchasing this product again, as I think it just doesn't suit my hair at all but I'm definitely going to take a look at other Macadamia products. The quality of the product was really apparent, and although using the spray near enough every day I'm not even close to finishing it. I also really enjoyed that the oil was in a spray format - definitely something that I'm going to look out for in other oils.

Let me know whether you've tried this oil and whether it worked with your hair or not? Hope you're all well and not freezing too much in this awful weather! Where's spring gone eh?

Aimée
Xxxx

1 comment :

  1. My name is Alecia I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy man, is ready to help!

    ReplyDelete