Review | Loreal Colour Riche Nail Polish in 505 Wild Purple

11 Jan 2013


The other day when shopping with the best friend I needed some new foundation (review to come soon!) and as there was a Buy One Get One Half Price offer on all Loreal products in Boots I felt I would have been silly to pass it up! Or that's the excuse I'm using anyway.

I settled on a new nail varnish, as I felt I hadn't bought one in a while, (again, thats the excuse I'm using!) and considering its still so wintery I wanted quite a dark deep shade. I ended up with the Colour Riche Nail Polish in 505 Wild Purple. I'm not really sure what's so 'wild' about the colour, but it is a really gorgeous deep purple.


The polish has a slight shimmer to it and actually looks slightly darker on the nails than it does in the bottle. When I applied the first coat I was slightly worried as the texture seemed almost watery and I was concerned that the colour wouldn't be very pigmented, but on the second coat it completely erased my fears and was a really nice deep purple.


When applying the polish I used the Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray and my usual Nails Inc.Kensington Caviar Top Coat. This was the first time I'd ever used the rapid dry spray and it really did help to speed up the process and give my nails a smooth shiny finish.

The actual lasting power of this nail polish is amazing! I've had the polish on for a week tomorrow and there's hardly any chipping at all! Definitely still wearable without feeling embarrassed of my nails! I'm not sure whether this is down to the fact that the nail polish is gel based or perhaps the rapid dry spray? Either way I'll let you know when I've established the answer :)


It really is such a lovely wintery colour and it goes on to the nail so easily. The brush seems to be the perfect size to fit your nail without overspilling everywhere. The bottle is slightly on the small side for my liking, but it does mean that it won't dry out before you use it all! So a silver lining there! Have any of you tried any Loreal nail polishes?

Just a little sidenote to add on to the end of this post, one of my very best friends Charlotte has just started her own blog! If you like crafts, music, acting, photography and a bit of life talk then you'll love Sweet Toothed Pretender and I'm not just saying this in a biased way, I genuinely really enjoyed her first post :) So take a look if you fancy :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Aimée
Xxxx

1 comment :

  1. Definitely adding the fast drying spray stuff to my shopping list!! I need that in my life...
    Lovely nail colour btw :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete