December Favourites.

31 Dec 2012


This month I've been loving quite varied products; a few recent splurges, a Christmas gift and a Glossy Box find.

First up, my Stila One Step Illuminate which I actually wrote a full review on a few posts back here. This product was bought on such a whim, I surprised myself by how much I liked it! There's not many days where I don't use this primer now as I just love the healthy glow it leaves me with. Considering I've had this for just over a month now, I also think it lasts really well!


A beauty staple I think, but this is actually my first purchase of the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover. I'm not sure how I would cope without this now, its just so simple and quick to use! Definitely a firm favourite for months to come I think. :)


My first Essie nail polish, and definitely a favourite for this wintery month! The shimmery bluey/greeny colour (Dive Bar) is so suited for the cold weather we've been having, and the quality of the polish is really apparent. I wrote a full review on this polish earlier this month which you can read here.


This Ayuuri Indian Rose Face Cream actually featured in my November Glossybox post and I have to say I wasn't massively excited by it. However, after persevering with it I have quite enjoyed using it. I'm still not keen on the smell of Rose, but the cream does leave my face feeling really soft and smooth. Which in the winter months can sometimes be tricky to accomplish! So thanks Glossy Box for ensuring I find this brand! :)


I feel like this product needs little explanation. The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle actually made its way into my home a few months ago, but this month I've had quite a few compliments on my dewy/shimmery cheekbones that it's renewed my love for the product! I just love this and I'm sure most of you reading will agree :) I wrote a little piece about this splurge here.


The Topshop Lip Marker in Hot Shot is actually intended as a kind of lip stain. However, I wear mine as more of a lip liner/base coat for lipstick. It seriously improves the wear time, and creates a really nice base for my lipstick to sit on top of. As it is a lip stain, you can wear it alone and although I've heard good reviews  on this, I haven't tried it myself so couldn't really comment. The actual nib of the product has the texture of a felt tip pen and is therefore super easy to control and makes application a smooth process. Definitely a winter favourite when a statement red lip looks so festive.


Lastly, a very recent addition to my monthly favourites! If you've read my previous post (here) you'll know that this Max Factor Colour X-Pert Waterproof Eyeliner in Metallic Anthracite was a Christmas present from my sister. Therefore meaning that I've had the product for less than a week of this month! However, I really do love it that much that it deserves a place in my favourites. I've worn it everyday since opening it and its pretty much a perfect product in my eyes! I think I will be purchasing different colours in the near future to test them out too.

So there you have it, my December favourites! Are any of these products a favourite of yours too? Let me know :)

Aimée
Xxxx

2 comments :

  1. I don't if you've tried, but does the bourjouis nail polish remover work on glitter polish too? I cannot find anything that does anywhere and I just want a permanent glitter overcoat on! hahaha.
    Love this post, Catherine x


    aanditsallaboutme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I've tried it on glitter polish sadly :( But, I think it would work to be honest! Its such a good remover :)

      Thanks :)

      Delete